1)Excellent Patient Experience
- Our clinic has a Net Promoter Score of 97% – this is a reflection of how happy patients are with their experience and how likely they would be to refer a friend or family member to our clinic.
- “From first contact, I have felt listened to and like I was in good hands. They handled everything with my insurance/intake forms/getting on the schedule very efficiently. I look forward to my sessions with Rachel because she is both kind and skilled, and I always leave feeling like I’m making progress. Having my program available online with videos is really helpful. Also, I appreciate the Covid-19 safety precautions.” – Patient Feedback on Recent NPS Survey
- All new patients receive comprehensive benefit checks so that you know how much PT will cost before you arrive for your first visit.
- MechanoTherapy is In-Network with most major health plans.
- Ethical billing practices: we use Medicare guidelines no matter which health plan is being used. You won’t ever see more than 4 units billed during your one hour visit.
- We don’t use any aides or assistants. All visits in our clinic are 60 minute appointments one-on-one with a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- We were honored to be voted into the physical therapist section of Portland Monthly’s Top Doctors and Nurses of 2021. This is an award that is voted on by other healthcare practitioners in the Portland region.
- Our Doctors of Physical Therapy hold various distinctions that show they are committed to staying on top of the cutting edge in rehab. Some are Board Certified Specialists in Orthopedic Physical Therapy while others are Certified Athletic Trainers (these are the people you see on the sidelines during sporting events). We also require our physical therapists to complete twice the state required number of continuing education courses.
- We use a biomechanical approach to assessing movement and pain that will help you build strength and functional capacity while taking into account your unique movement signature.
- Our physical therapists are trained to use the Delfi Personalized Blood Flow Restriction System by Owens Recovery Science. A comprehensive research review shows that using this system is more effective than standard low-intensity physical therapy exercises when attempting to regain muscle strength.
- Our treatment approach is based on sound principles of Clinical Practice Guidelines. You won’t see outdated machines such as therapeutic ultrasound or electric stimulation that do little for your recovery. Your entire appointment will be full of manual therapy techniques, personalized therapeutic exercise that addresses YOUR needs, and education about things you can do at home to accelerate your recovery.
3)Seamless Transition Back to Sports (when applicable)
- Our therapists have the knowledge and background to get you back to the sports of your choice.
- We have a facility that allows us to push our patients to the next level, out of rehab and into performance enhancement.
- We have an understanding of the complexity of return to sport. For example, did you know that runners take forces of 4-6x bodyweight through their knees when they land? We understand how to build a bridge to your goals, making sure you are properly exposed to the right loads at the right times during your rehab process.
We are located at 1500 NW 18th Ave., Suite 105, Portland, OR 97209 and have reserved parking spots on the west side of the building facing 18th Ave.